Intercultural Dialogue: collaborative teaching and learning in international settings -This workshop is conducted in a collaboration of trainers from different UNIC universities.
In the workshop you will meet teachers of partner-universities of the UNIC-Alliance, which come from: Belgium, Croatia, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.
In this international setting you will familiarize with the concept of Virtual Exchange (resp. COIL), you will reflect on your own teaching culture and discover the learning and teaching culture of your partners. You will collaborate to create a Virtual Exchange setting for your students. You will create first ideas for fostering the collaboration of your students. You will discuss challenges of intercultural encounters and learn how to deal with them. You will have the chance to network with other teachers from the UNIC alliance.
The workshop will take place online and be held in English (lingua franca).
After this workshop you will be able to:
- reflect on your own cultural identity
- explicate and apply intercultural and collaborative teaching concepts, especially Virtual Exchange/COIL.
- reflect on teaching designs considering intercultural and collaborative teaching and learning in diverse groups.
- describe intercultural challenges for your students in intercultural settings and explicate how to deal with them
- collaborate with other teachers from the European university
The workshop is divided in two parts: In advance, there is an asynchronous online phase of 30-45 minutes, on which the attendance phase (2,5 hours) builds.
Active learning: Instruction, small group work, discussion
Dates for the synchronous meetings (pick one slot):
27.04.2023: 15:00-17:30 UTC+2
14.06.2023: 11:00-13:30 UTC+2
Oulu Art and Science Seminar
Immerse yourself in a world of ideas and inspiration as we present insights at the crossroads ...
10 Oct 2023 - 10 Oct 2023Read more »
1st ANNUAL VIRTUAL UNIC-RESCUe CONFERENCE: “New Research Approaches to...
UNIC invites authorities, lecturers, and Ph.D. students of its affiliated faculties and instit...
11 Dec 2023 - 12 Dec 2023Read more »