From March 30th to April 1st the 2nd UNIC European University Strategy Forum on Engaged Research will be held in‐person in University College Cork, Ireland.
The UNIC Strategy Forum on Engaged Research brings together UNIC European University colleagues and City Partners for a series of workshops towards developing a Joint Declaration on Engaged Research and a common strategy, framework and supportive systems for involving and engaging citizens, civil society, public & city authorities and academia in joint research and innovation initiatives. We are using the term ‘Engaged Research’ as an overarching guiding principle or an umbrella term that describes research approaches that have a common interest in collaborative inquiry with society.
The UNIC Engaged Research Strategy Forum is open to:
• City Stakeholders (Senior Municipal Representative, CSO/NGO Representative)
• Research Support Office Representative
• Senior Academics
• UNIC Student Board Member
• University Community Engagement
• UNIC4ER Taskforce
The forum consists of a series of online and in-person events designed to:
• Learn from engaged research best practices,
• Engage City Partners in dialogue with universities and each other on the societal challenges facing their municipalities and regions,
• Prepare a draft Declaration on Engaged Research in advance of signing at the CityLabs Festival in Oulu on June 15th 2022.
Pre-Forum events March 28th and 29th online – Open event Links to register
In-Person events March 30th to April 1st 2022 – Closed event
Workshop: Adaptive learning in continuing professional development
A workshop coming soon on adaptive learning in continuing professional development within the ...
24 Jan 2023 - 24 Jan 2023Read more »
Age Friendly Cities: Participation and Well-being of Older People
A really special event: the university community and the city will meet to share different vie...
08 Dec 2022 - 08 Dec 2022Read more »