From March 30th to April 1st the 2nd UNIC European University Strategy Forum on Engaged Research will be held in‐person in University College Cork, Ireland.
The UNIC Strategy Forum on Engaged Research brings together UNIC European University colleagues and City Partners for a series of workshops towards developing a Joint Declaration on Engaged Research and a common strategy, framework and supportive systems for involving and engaging citizens, civil society, public & city authorities and academia in joint research and innovation initiatives. We are using the term ‘Engaged Research’ as an overarching guiding principle or an umbrella term that describes research approaches that have a common interest in collaborative inquiry with society.
The UNIC Engaged Research Strategy Forum is open to:
• City Stakeholders (Senior Municipal Representative, CSO/NGO Representative)
• Research Support Office Representative
• Senior Academics
• UNIC Student Board Member
• University Community Engagement
• UNIC4ER Taskforce
The forum consists of a series of online and in-person events designed to:
• Learn from engaged research best practices,
• Engage City Partners in dialogue with universities and each other on the societal challenges facing their municipalities and regions,
• Prepare a draft Declaration on Engaged Research in advance of signing at the CityLabs Festival in Oulu on June 15th 2022.
Pre-Forum events March 28th and 29th online – Open event Links to register
In-Person events March 30th to April 1st 2022 – Closed event
UNIC CityLabs: Empowering the youth community
UNIC CityLabs is organizing an event on youth empowerment as a part of the European Week of Re...
03 Nov 2022 - 03 Nov 2022Read more »
UNIC Superdiversity School - Accessibility in higher education
Teaching, studying and recruiting – towards a more inclusive university culture
16 Nov 2022 - 18 Nov 2022Read more »
Port Cities Seminar: Sport, Solidarity and Social Inclusion
Join us for a roundtable discussion with local and international partners on innovating for sp...
07 Jun 2022 - 07 Jun 2022Read more »