Online, Tuesday 7th June, 11:30 - 1pm (Irish Time) / (12:30-2pm CET)
Connecting across the UNIC European University Alliance and Port University League, this second Cork Harbour Festival seminar on the Future of Port Cities considers how can we realise the benefits of personal and collective health, wellbeing and solidarity within our cities and regions.
As we move through the streets, parks, ports, waterways and public realms of our urban centres, it is through activities like sports and festivals that we find opportunity for encounters with each other. They allow us to gather, to connect, to amplify and to animate us as active members of our communities, locally and globally. Join us as we explore themes of body and movement(s), sport, physical activity and innovation and consider how, together, we can we rise to the challenge to create more healthy, inclusive and sustainable futures.
- Ms. Judie Russell, The Vidacademy (as Chair)
- Dr Fiona Chambers, Head of School of Education and Founder of Global Design Challenge for Sport and Physical Activity
- Dr. Yvon Bonenfant, artist-researcher and Head of Dept. of Theatre at University College Cork (UCC).
- Mr. Jeff Gomez, PhD, UCC Sport Performance Manager and UCC IGNITE ’22 Entrepreneur
- Mr. Renay Onur, General Manager & Board Member at Spor İstanbul - Social Entrepreneur (Ashoka Fellow)
- Prof. Ichiro Araki, Port University League at Yokohama National University, Tokyo
This is a public UNIC CityLabs event, held online as part of the Cork Harbour Festival programme and led by the Civic & Community Engagement office, University College Cork.
We welcome public audiences, as well as policy makers and academics from across the European Cities and Universities involved in UNIC and colleagues from the Port City Universities League representing 14 countries internationally.
The event will be hosted on Zoom. Registered participants will receive a link to join the live event via in advance of the event.
Virtual Meetin Platform about Migration and Social Inclusion
The University of Deusto and the University of Zagreb organize a UNIC CityLabs Virtual Meeting...
02 Jun 2022 - 02 Jun 2022Read more »
Symposium "Seeking Refuge, Finding Solidarity? Challenges and Chances...
Taking into account the legal aspects of protection of Ukrainian refugees in Europe, the Law F...
01 Jun 2022 - 01 Jun 2022Read more »
CIVIX Liège vous présente son dernier évènement du quadri : “Immigrati...
CIVIX Liège vous présente son dernier évènement du quadri : “Immigration et sans-papiers en B...
11 May 2022 - 11 May 2022Read more »